Skip to main content
Magistrates Court of Western Australia
Print page
  • Small Text
  • Medium Text
  • Large Text

Restraining Orders

You can apply to have a restraining order taken out against someone who is violent to you, threatens you or your property, harasses or intimidates you and you are concerned that it will continue.

There are two types of restraining orders:

  • violence restraining order; and
  • misconduct restraining order.

If a person disobeys the terms of a restraining order, they may be fined or imprisoned.

The fact sheets, listed below, are available to guide you through court procedures, which need to be followed when seeking a restraining order.

Select the appropriate application form from below.

For information about the fees charged by the Magistrates Court for restraining order proceedings, see Fees.

Other agencies which may offer useful information include Western Australia Police, the Department for Communities and Legal Aid.

For further information contact your closest Magistrates Court Registry.

Last updated: 23-Jun-2014

[ back to top ]

Home |  Privacy |  Conditions of Use
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.